The day after Halloween is dedicated to National Brush Day – a reminder to brush your teeth for 2 minutes, 2 times a day, every day.
Brushing your teeth is the cornerstone of any good oral hygiene routine. It’s recommended to use a soft-bristled brush. The brush head should have a size and shape that will fit your mouth and allow you to reach all areas easily.
The proper brushing technique includes:
• Position the toothbrush bristles at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
• Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes
• Brush the outer, inner and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
• Tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth.
• Brush your tongue to remove bacteria.
Whether you have 1 baby tooth or all 32 adult teeth, try to make a healthy habit of cleaning your teeth for yourself and for you kids.